Fresh seafood is always a special treat reveals Ido Fishmans Catering Services. These delicious casseroles can be made using any combination of shrimp, scallops, lobster or crab. There’s no need to use a can of soup on delicious seafood when creamy sauces are this simple to make. Easy to prepare and elegant enough to offer to company, serve these mouth-watering casseroles with a leafy green salad and some fresh rolls for a hearty meal.
Both of these recipes can be easily halved or doubled, depending on the number of people who will be eating. They can also be thrown together in the morning and refrigerated for a day before popping into the oven.
Easy Crab and Shrimp Seafood Casserole by Ido Fishmans Catering Services
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped Vidalia (or other sweet) onion
1/2 red pepper, chopped
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk (whole or 2 percent)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 1/2 pounds small, cooked, peeled shrimp (or 2 cups cooked, chopped lobster)
1/2 pound cooked, flaked, lump crab meat (or 1/2 pound cooked scallops)
3 cups cooked long grain rice
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup almond slivers, toasted
4 quart casserole dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat the casserole dish with oil.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan and saute the celery, onion and red pepper for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Put the cooked vegetables in the casserole dish and cover with the shrimp, crab meat, rice and almonds.
- Add remaining butter to the saucepan and stir in flour until mixed. Add milk and stir continuously for 2 – 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add salt, Worcestershire sauce, sherry or wine and sour cream and stir until blended.
- Pour the cream sauce into the casserole dish and mix gently. Top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 – 50 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Crab and Mushroom Stroganoff Casserole by Ido Fishmans Catering Services
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup Vidalia (or other sweet) onion, finely diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 drops Tabasco sauce
1 cup light sour cream
3/4 pound cooked, flaked, lump crab meat (or the same amount of lobster)
8 ounces spinach fettuccine, cooked and drained
2 1/2 quart casserole dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat the casserole dish.
- Warm the oil in a medium saucepan and add onion, bell pepper, garlic and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Put the cooked vegetables in the casserole dish and cover with noodles.
- Add butter to the saucepan and stir in flour until mixed. Add stock, wine and seasoning and bring to a boil, stir continuously for 2 – 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add crab meat and sour cream and mix until blended.
- Add the cream and crab mixture to the casserole dish and mix well.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly, stirring once at 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Seafood Bisque Recipe by Ido Fishmans Catering Services
According to Ido Fishmans Catering Services, for years, researchers have declared that seafood is a good source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to help keep the heart healthy. Now here’s an easy seafood bisque recipe that’s not only scrumptious, it might also help you battle ailments like cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Before we get to this quick and healthy soup recipe, let’s learn about some of the ingredients that can help you prevent or lessen the symptoms of serious medical problems.
Shrimp, Crab & Lobster
According to Ido Fishmans Catering Services, Omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in fatty fish, benefit the heart of healthy people. Omega-3 also helps folks who are at high risk of, or who have, cardiovascular disease.
Shrimp, crab and lobster are all good sources of Omega-3 fatty acids and numerous vitamins. The shellfish are also low in fat, low in calories and high in protein.
According to Ido Fishmans Catering Services, some of the fatty acids in coconut milk contain lauric acid, which has properties that can help improve the immune system to fight off illnesses and diseases such as cancer.
Coconut milk is also a dairy-free substitute for folks who are lactose intolerant. In addition, coconut milk has been shown to promote brain development and lower bad cholesterol.
Easy Seafood Bisque Recipe
one 11 ounce can of condensed tomato soup (low sodium variety can be substituted)
one 14 ounce can of coconut milk (Thai Kitchen Lite Coconut Milk has fewer calories)
8 ounces or 1 1/2 cups of cooked shrimp (tail removed), crab and/or lobster meat (imitation crab can be used, but it doesn’t have the same health benefits as real crab meat)
2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped chives (fresh or dried)
Note: Feel free to substitute other shellfish and add ingredients, including vegetables. If you dislike coconut milk, substitute 1 cup of half and half or whole milk.
- Heat tomato soup and coconut milk over medium heat until hot, do not boil
- Add seafood, sherry, lemon juice and chives
- Cook and stir until heated through
Serve the bisque with snipped chives sprinkled on top. This soup can be an appetizer, but is so filling that it could be a meal by itself. This recipe serves four so feel free to double or triple the ingredients because you’ll definitely want seconds.